Thursday 11 June 2009

In the beginning...

Well, 'What an interesting concept' I hear you cry! Not really. I've wanted a blog for some time now, and have always found that I am far too lazy to start one, but here I am never the less starting a blog. 

You will ofcouse forgive me if this blog trails off and dies a quite death,(like many other blogs I would imagine) as I have already stated that I am lazy.

--

It's been an odd day. After running network cable from the office to the basement yesterday I told stuart that I would be taking today off. Yet come 11am I found myself there eating some pork chops grilled with chilli. The current time is 22:21 and I got home less than an hour ago. Yet any recolection of anything useful I have done today has, as ever eluded me. All I can remember of my productivity today is of my great conquest in producing a 1ft long network cable. A feat accomplished only with the might power of God!! 

I have resolved to believe that vast amounts of command and conqure, call of duty, the simpsons and movie watching do not count as a productive days work. I am in my last month at my Gap year. I feel this lesson has been harder to pick up than many could imagine.

As I sit here now the next year is comming into frightful consideration... a year where I may actually be productive? A truely wonderous thing to believe.

I guess that if I manage to keep this blog going we shall find out!! 

Signing off for the First and possibly last time. 

Dave the 19 year old youth worker. 

1 comment:

Steve said...

Love it! I'm sure that there is some use in all the hours on the computer (either that or there are lots and lots of people whoaren't really doing much with their lives!!!)
Don't stop keep going!!!